yolink Search for WordPress
A. Dashboard installation
- 1. Login to your WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- 2. Click the "Plugins" drop-down menu, and choose "Add New."
- 3. Type "yolink" in the search box and click the "Search Plugins" button.
- 4. Click "Install Now"
*Please note, some users may need to provide their FTP information to complete this installation method
B. Manual Installation
- 1. Download the plugin from the WordPress.org plugin page: wordpress.org/extend/plugins/yolink-search/
- 1. Unzip the yolink-search.zip you downloaded in step one.
- 2. Upload the contents of yolink-seach.zip into your plugins directory. /wp-content/plugins/
- Your directory structure should then look like /wp-content/plugins/yolink-search/
- 1. Click the "Plugins" drop-down menu, and choose "Add New."
- 2. Select the "Upload" tab, click "Choose File," locate the downloaded yolink-search.zip and click "Install Now."
You should get this confirmation message upon successfully uploading the plugin.
For further details please refer to the WordPress Manual Plugin Installation instructions.
- 1. In your WordPress Dashboard, click "Plugins."
- 2. Find the yolink plugin, and click "Activate."
- 3. Click "Settings" from the yolink plugin pane, or open the yolink Administration menu by clicking "yolink Search" in the dashboard sidebar.
- 4. Check to Agree to the License Agreement, and click the “Agree” button.
- 1. Customize the sharing opions included with each of your yolink results.
- 2. Choose whether to display the default WordPress result excerpts.
- 3. Define how many yolink highlighted preview paragraphs to display beneath each search result.
- 4. Customize the yolink preview paragraph functionality.
You’ll see that an API key has been automatically generated with your installation.
- 1. Click the "Click Here" link to launch our Registration Wizard, and quickly find the plan that's right for you.
- 2. After registering your API key you will need to click the "Crawl" button to ensure that yolink correctly indexes your content in full.
Please take note of your API key for your records, you may need it later.